[mpich-discuss] gethostbyname_ex failed for debain

Vineet Pratap (Vampaier) pratap.vineet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 01:32:57 CDT 2009

hello,

I have successfully built mpich2-1.1.1p1 in the debain 64 bit system without
error but I'm having the message "mpd failed: gethostbyname_ex failed for
debain" when i try to launch the mpd by executing the command "mpd &". I
read somewhere that I have to change something in file /etc/hosts
I followed the steps, but i'm still having the same problem. The message now
is "mpd failed: gethostbyname_ex failed for localhost.localdomain".

Any idea?