[mpich-discuss] ch3:nemesis performance and SMP cluster

Vamvakopoulos Manolis evamvak at cs.uoi.gr
Sun Sep 6 11:12:23 CDT 2009

Dear Sir

1) I install mpich2-1.1.1p1  with default configuration .

and i use for test a application which user collective MPI routine (amber9)

and ,
The run with 16 proc on 16 node (16:1) was faster

than the same test with 8 nodes with 2 proc per node (again 16 proc)

i use osc mpiexec with --comm=mpich2-pmi

when i run the above tests normaly with mpd deamon as PM manager
and mpirun

everything are  fine and better .. the 8:2  is lightly faster
2.) Also , in previous version of mpich2  which I use

mpich2-1.0.8 the (osc) mpiexec 0.83 work with ch3:sock and ch3:ssm

the above tests (16:1) or (8:2) give comparable wall time

these is some way to work mpiexec 0.83 with ch3:nemesis communicator ?

thank you  in advance

best ev
E.v.

--