[mpich-discuss] genvlist & map is not working in config file

abhishek pandey hipandey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 09:59:12 CDT 2009

Hi Jayesh,

This is my config file.

In this sample MPICH2 does not launch the test.exe.

-host localhost -genvlist CNTRL_MPI_DIR,CNTRL_MPI_OUT   -p 8676 -wdir
<Working DIR> -path <pathDIR> test.exe -mpion -controller
-host localhost  -p 8676 -wdir <Working DIR> -path <pathDIR1> test.exe
-mpion -worker
-host localhost  -p 8676 -wdir <Working DIR> -path <pathDIR2> test.exe
-mpion -worker

However this is working :

-host localhost -env CNTRL_MPI_DIR d:\mpi  -p 8676 -wdir <Working DIR> -path
<pathDIR> product.exe -mpion -controller
-host localhost  -p 8676 -wdir <Working DIR> -path <pathDIR1> product.exe
-mpion -worker
-host localhost  -p 8676 -wdir <Working DIR> -path <pathDIR2> product.exe
-mpion -worker

In this sample mapping is not done on all the nodes. The workaround :  I
have to map network drive first manually and  then use -mapall option on
controller.

-host localhost -map z:\\abhishekp-xp\mpi\ -p 8676 -wdir <Working DIR> -path
<pathDIR> test.exe -mpion -controller
-host localhost  -p 8676 -wdir <Working DIR> -path <pathDIR1> test.exe
-mpion -worker
-host localhost  -p 8676 -wdir <Working DIR> -path <pathDIR2> test.exe
-mpion -worker

Am I missing something in config file.

Thanks,
Abhishek