[mpich-discuss] Anyluck Luck with PGI Compilers for MPICH2-1.2?

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Oct 18 11:30:20 CDT 2009

On Oct 18, 2009, at 10:42 AM, Capehart, William J wrote:

> Has anyone had any traction getting MPICH2 to compile with ch3
> nemesis (as opposed to socks) on the PGI compiler set?  I’ve had no
> luck (except for doing it with socks) with the Linux 32&64 and the
> MacOS versions of PGI.

I'm not 100% certain of the current status of Nemesis+PGI.  Nemesis
depends on  the OPA library in order to get atomic assembly
instructions for some of the shared memory communication.  At least as
of a while ago, OPA still didn't work on PGI because of some bugs in
the PGI compiler itself.

Darius might know the status with greater certainty.  If not, I can
play with it on Monday or Tuesday and get back to you to see where we
are at w.r.t. PGI.

What version of the compiler are you using?  If things are going to
work at all, you'll probably need a fairly recent version.  We have
7.1 and 8.0.5 here at ANL, and I'm fairly certain that it will not
work with 7.x, but I'm not sure about 8.x.  And I haven't used the 9.x
series yet at all.  I just tried to test things with 8.x, but our
license server is having some trouble after a datacenter move this
weekend.  I'll let you know more once we get that sorted out this week.

-Dave