[mpich-discuss] Building the HP-UX MPICH library --Question

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 23 16:31:37 CST 2009

I would say you should try MPICH2 first.  MPICH-1 has not been developed
for years so its support for newer compilers is questionable.
You can try building MPICH2 with new HP compilers (and send us your
configure and make outputs if there is any problem.) and see if the mpich2
library works with your F77 code.  If your app does not use any MPICH-1
implementation specific features, MPICH2 should be OK with your app.

A.Chan