[mpich-discuss] mpd...fialed..

hailong.yang1115 hailong.yang1115 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 08:46:20 CST 2009

Which user are you using when you run mpd? If it is an ordinary user, you should have a .mpd.conf file under the home directory like the following:

cd $HOME
touch .mpd.conf
chmod 600 .mpd.conf

and the .mpd.conf file contains a single line:
secretword=<secretword>
which should be the same on the machines you want run into a ring.

If it is the root user, you should make a file named mpd.conf under the /etc directory. And the contents are the same as the former.

-Hailong

2009-11-16

* Hailong Yang, PhD. Candidate
* Sino-German Joint Software Institute,
* School of Computer Science&Engineering, Beihang University
* Phone: (86-010)82315908
* Email: hailong.yang1115 at gmail.com
* Address: G413, New Main Building in Beihang University,
*              No.37 XueYuan Road,HaiDian District,
*              Beijing,P.R.China,100191