[mpich-discuss] ????: how to connect MPI_Send with CH3_isend

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 15 09:56:13 CST 2009

Do you mean use sockets to communicate between processes 1 and
2, but use IB to communicate between processes 1 and 3?

We intend to support this, but all the pieces are not there yet.
There are function pointer tables for each netmod.

If you take a look at MPID_nem_vc_init(), you'll see where
MPID_nem_netmod_func->vc_init(vc) is called to set the function
pointers for the various communication operations used when
sending a message over a particular network module.

Currently MPID_nem_netmod_func is set globally, so that all
internode vcs use the same netmod.  In order to use different
netmods for different vcs, you'll have call the vc_init() of
the netmod you want to use on that vc.

You'll see other places where MPID_nem_netmod_func is referenced
and you'll have to fix those so either they call the function
for the netmod associated with that vc, or (e.g., in the case of
poll or finalize) you'll need to call the function for all active
netmods.

-d