[mpich-discuss] Problems with starting mpd

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Nov 14 20:06:23 CST 2009

MPD is not currently compatible with python 2.2.  Using a newer (2.x)
version of python should solve this problem.  Depending on how you
upgraded to the newer version, the mpd scripts may still be using your
older version of python.  Check the shebang line at the top of the
installed python script and make sure that it makes sense, and check
that the upgraded python is in your path.  You will probably need to
rebuild MPICH2 after upgrading your python installation to make sure
that it picks up the new version.  If it still auto-detects the wrong
python installation, you can help it pick the right one by passing "--
with-python=/path/to/python" to configure.

-Dave