[mpich-discuss] Problems with starting mpd

hailong.yang1115 hailong.yang1115 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 00:42:04 CST 2009

Hi there,

I have recently installed mpich2-1.2 on RedHat SL 3. After that I started the mpd, which gave me the following error:

[root at jsiserver112 root]# mpd &
[1] 1797
[root at jsiserver112 root]# Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mpich2-1.2/bin/mpd", line 87, in ?
    from sets import Set as set
ImportError: No module named sets
[1]+  Exit 1                  mpd

I googled to find that maybe it was incompatible with the older version of Python 2.2. So I changed to version 2.4 and version 3.1.1(most recently) but still got the same error.

Looking for any help.

-Hailong

2009-11-14

* Hailong Yang, PhD. Candidate
* Sino-German Joint Software Institute,
* School of Computer Science&Engineering, Beihang University
* Phone: (86-010)82315908
* Email: hailong.yang1115 at gmail.com
* Address: G413, New Main Building in Beihang University,
*              No.37 XueYuan Road,HaiDian District,
*              Beijing,P.R.China,100191