[mpich-discuss] Facing problem while using MPI_File_set_view

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 27 16:29:12 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 05:15:22PM -0400, Christina Patrick wrote:
> One reason why I feel that this is a bug in the MPI code is that even
> if I reduce the array size to 16 x 16 (type double) ~ 2048 bytes and
> specify a COLL_BUFSIZE of (32*8) ~ 256 bytes, I get this error. (If I
> specify the COLL_BUFSIZE to be (16*4*8) ~ 512 bytes, (the size of the
> entire row view), the error disappears.
>
> I will appreciate your inputs and suggestions and help.

Hi.  This might be a bug in ad_pvfs, but it actually looks more like a
bug in PVFS itself.  Furthermore, I think we might have fixed this in
CVS as I cannot reproduce this when I checkout PVFS from CVS, but do get
a crash similar to yours when I use pvfs-2.8.1 .

Yesterday I was working with the SVN version of MPICH2 and the CVS
version of PVFS. perhaps that is why I could not reproduce the failure
you were seeing.

==rob

--
Rob Latham