[mpich-discuss] problem of recognizing processors

노남규 kyu99 at snu.ac.kr
Tue May 26 00:54:06 CDT 2009

Dear Sir,

 I think that there is something wrong in my mpich2 setting. My workstation is a cluster which includes 1 node for log-in and 4 nodes for calculation. Each node has 2 cpus. Log-in node is not used for calculating. But I think that my mpich2 environment doesn't recognize all cpus on calculation nodes. A result of "mpdtrace -l" is as below

[kyu99 at cas01 4dvar]$ mpdtrace -l
cas01_39485 (193.168.100.31)
cas02_35456 (193.168.100.32)
cas03_38213 (193.168.100.33)
cas04_32920 (193.168.100.34)

 The result of "mpdtrace" seems to recognize all calcuation nodes. But, when specific executables run, the result is like this :

[kyu99 at cas01 4dvar]$ mpiexec -n 2 da_wrfvar.exe : -n 4 ad/wrfplus.exe : -n 2 nl/wrf.exe
starting wrf task 0 of 1
starting wrf task 0 of 1
starting wrf task 0 of 1
starting wrf task 0 of 1
starting wrf task 0 of 1
starting wrf task 0 of 1
starting wrf task 0 of 1
starting wrf task 0 of 1

 I think that this message means that my mpich2 uses only 1 processor. Is it right? If my thought is right, how can I fix this problem? Please let me know how to fix it. Thank you!!

Best regards,

NK Noh