[mpich-discuss] New field at MPID_Comm

Eduardo Kienetz eduardok at gmail.com
Fri May 22 00:18:55 CDT 2009

To add a new field to a communicator I should change
src/mpid/ch3/src/mpiimpl.h at the MPID_Comm structure definition, adding my
new field (I'm working on the default channel, ch3, of mpich2-1.0.8p1). For
instance, c_peruse_handles.
Now, if I'm right so far (please let me know if anything is wrong), where's
the best place to initialize it to NULL? src/mpid/ch3/src/mpid_init.c's
MPID_Init?

If I'm focusing (for now) only in point-to-point operations, am I right in
saying that I'd work on src/mpi/pt2pt (recv.c, send.c, for example) ?

Thanks so much, it's been a nice challenge.

--
Eduardo Bacchi Kienetz