[mpich-discuss] question about MPICH2 installation on SUN

Shangli Wu shangliw at cadence.com
Wed May 20 14:45:15 CDT 2009

thanks

Shangli

-----Original Message-----
From: mpich-discuss-bounces at mcs.anl.gov
[mailto:mpich-discuss-bounces at mcs.anl.gov] On Behalf Of Dave Goodell
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:43 PM
To: mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov
Subject: Re: [mpich-discuss] question about MPICH2 installation on SUN

Looking at your config.log it seems that your pthread.h header is broken
even for trivial programs.  Ideally this shouldn't be a deal- breaker
for mpich2, but something isn't right in the build system and the broken
pthread.h ends up getting included anyway.  I'll file this bug as a
ticket so we can track it, but there probably isn't anything we can do
for you in the short term.  Can you work with your system administrator
to figure out why the system pthread.h doesn't work?

This might be an incompatibility between the version of gcc that you
have installed and the system headers.  You might try building with the
system compilers instead (configure CC=cc CXX=CC).

-Dave