[mpich-discuss] Compilation problem (Dave Goodell)

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 13 14:09:13 CDT 2009

On May 13, 2009, at 2:00 PM, François PELLEGRINI wrote:

> Dave Goodell <goodell at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>> You can try the attached patch out against trunk at r4546 if
>> you need to get unstuck right away.  I'll put something
>> along these lines into the SVN trunk later today after
>> a bit more testing and code review.
>
> The patch worked perfectly, as far as compilation is
> concerned. I'm gonna try out now how the version behaves
> by running PT-Scotch.

Just so you know, there are a couple of known issues with multi-
threading on the trunk right now.  We are tracking them in ticket #597
[1] if you want to follow along.

> BTW, there must be a dependency problem in the Makefiles.
> When I compile the patched trunk with "make -j 3", I get :

Yes, this is an unfortunate known issue with the way the MPICH2 build
is structured.  We hope to correct that some time during this summer.
For now you simply must use a non-parallel make invocation.

Sorry,
-Dave

[1] https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/ticket/597