[mpich-discuss] Build x86 version mpich2 on x86_64 Linux Boxfailed ...

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue May 5 11:14:06 CDT 2009

Hi Seifer

Seifer Lin wrote:
> Hi:
>
> For mpich2-1.0.8p1, it's OK!

Then think about sticking to mpich2-1.0.8p1,
which is the right and wise thing to do,
and of rebuilding your programs with it.

I would suggest building with the ch3:nemesis communication channel,
instead of ch3:sock, which seems to be the default.
Some people reported problems with ch3:sock on current Linux kernels
and some types of Ethernet cards on this list and elsewhere.

However, I am not sure about nemesis in your case
just because you seem to prefer the smpd (--with-pm=smpd --with-pmi-=smpd).
I don't know if nemesis may conflict with smpd.
I never used smpd.
The MPICH2 developers may clarify this point.

If you rebuild with nemesis, follow Rajeev's suggestion also:
delete the directory tree, untar again, and start fresh,
to avoid old object files on your way.

I hope this helps.
Gus Correa
Gustavo Correa