[mpich-discuss] How to build libmpe.so ?

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 4 20:54:49 CDT 2009

Seifer,
----- "Seifer Lin" <seiferlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now I want to port this DLL to Linux as the .so file.
> I try to build mpich with
> ./configure --enable-sharedlibs=gcc --with-pm=smpd --with-pmi=smpd
>
> but I only find libmpich.so and libmpe.a.
> How to build mpe as the .so (libmpe.so) ?

MPE currently does not have shared library support yet.
If you really need libmpe.so, you can build MPE as a standalone
package for MPICH2 with CFLAGS set to -fPIC.  You can then
use the .o files (from libmpe.a) and build your own libmpe.so.

To build typical MPI executable, you can mix libmpich.so and libmpe.a.

> Without libmpe.so, I got the error when building my .so file.

What .so file you are building that needs libmpe.so ?

A.Chan