[mpich-discuss] CPI test fails under Fedora 10

peter_raeth at juno.com peter_raeth at juno.com
Fri Jun 26 10:29:43 CDT 2009

Instead of doing "configure --prefix=.... |& tee c.txt",
do "configure -with-device=ch3:sock --prefix=... |& tee c.txt".
After that, do "make" and "make install".

Had to start the install from scratch but this new configure process allowed cpi (in the examples directory) to build and execute as expected on a single machine. It will be interesting to see what happens on multiple machines. Have to get my network back in shape and will test cpi on all nodes during a single run.
That sure was a good idea. But, does the installer guide need to be updated? Or, is there something that still needs to be adjusted within MPICH2 regarding Fedora 10? Does this also impact Fedora 11, recently released? What about the RPM and yum installs?
Am ready to continue this testing process if that is what is wanted. In any case, will proceed now with my project and will report any further issues.
Many thanks to all for working with me on this.
Best,
Peter.