[mpich-discuss] Problem using Mpich2 on Vista machines

Larry Adams ladams at platform.com
Wed Jun 24 14:36:53 CDT 2009

Jack,

Try the firewall first, you have to unblock the smpd service port.
Beyond that, you have to verify that smpd service is installed,  and if
it's another host, you will either have to register a pass phrase, or
your account on the execution node to be able to continue.  If your
password ever changes, you have to re-perform this step.

Regards,

Larry Adams
Senior Systems Engineer
Platform Computing