[mpich-discuss] Problem using Mpich2 on Vista machines

Fairchild, Jack jfairchild at Ballinger-ae.com
Wed Jun 24 14:26:16 CDT 2009

I've debugged as far as I can:

Invoking the command: mpiexec -validate -host myhost  returns:
Aborting: connection to smpd rejected

Invoking mpiexec -file myfile  returns:
Aborting: unable to connect to myhost

Some background.

All computers are running Vista Ultimate.  The computers are connected by a 100mbs LAN.  A few months ago, I set up 4 machines for this use.  They all still connect without issue.
At this point I need to add some more, but am getting these errors.  All machines have smpd version 1.0.8.  I am an administrator on all machines, and installed Mpich2 as the administrator.  UAC was turned off and remains off, all known firewalls are also off.  A path variable to the bin directory  was added.

I ran smpd -d and all of the parameters match those of the working computers.

What am I missing here?  I appreciate your valuable time.

Jack Fairchild