[mpich-discuss] CPI test fails under Fedora 10

Deji Akingunola dakingun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 07:00:01 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 7:43 AM,
peter_raeth at juno.com<peter_raeth at juno.com> wrote:

> "Illegal instruction" could be caused by incompatible binary, e.g. linking
> 32bit object file with 64bit MPICH2 libraries or running a 64bit binary on
> a 32bit machine.
>
> Thoughts like that have come to my mind too. But, this problem occurs even
> with a fresh MPICH2 build on Fedora 10. Is it possible for a 64-bit Fedora
> 10 to run on a 32-bit machine?  Someone earlier said that MPICH2 binaries
> are included with Fedora 10. Could there be some interference with that?

MPICH2 binaries are available in Fedora 10 as much as they are
available in Fedora 9. It is not installed by default though, you must
have asked for it, if the rpms are installed on your system.
I also think your problem is caused by trying to link binaries from
incompatible archs. Can you provide more details on these systems,
like the output of 'uname -m', 'rpm -qa mpich*'

Deji