[mpich-discuss] CPI test fails under Fedora 10

peter_raeth at juno.com peter_raeth at juno.com
Thu Jun 18 09:44:33 CDT 2009

> The two machines are not connected. They are stand-alone, set up that
> way to work on this issue. Both have Fedora 10. One used the build
> instructions in the MPICH2 installer guide. The other used the rpm. Both
> yield the same issue, invalid instruction when MPI_Init tries to
> execute. Something is wrong with code building, as compared to the same
> build process used under Fedora 9.

This is very weird. Can you try to use the compiler separately? The
following command will give you the internal compile options mpicc is using:

  shell$ mpicc -show

Can you send us the output for this, and also make sure the correct
compiler is being used, the compiler works fine (by trying out some
simple program), etc.?

Ok. Will run the command and collect the data. However, using the instructions on Page 22 of the installer manual, basic test programs are premade. I just run the resulting ./cpi that is produced thereby.  If I take a cpi built under Fedora 9, it runs just fine. I must be missing something simple if this sounds weird to you and you have tried it on Fedora 10 yourself. (On Fedora 9 I built the code using mpicxx.)
Some workmen are in my office so I shut the network down. Will bring it back up after lunch. They should be done by then.
Best,
Peter.