[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 and MPE log

Marc levesqm at emt.inrs.ca
Wed Jun 17 08:57:38 CDT 2009

Greetings all,

Does anyone has tried to compile a MPICH2 code with logging option? When
I follow the syntax from:
http://web.mit.edu/AFS/athena.mit.edu/course/13/13.715/mpich2-1.0.6p1/64/www/www1/mpicxx.html

I get an error:

mpicxx -mpe=mpilog -o helloWorld helloWorld.cc
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-mpe=mpilog"

I tried to link manually the library with:

mpicxx -o helloWorld helloWorld.cc -L/opt/mpich/gnu/lib -lmpe -llmpe

but then I get undefined references from the library liblmpe. Removing
it with:

mpicxx -o helloWorld helloWorld.cc -L/opt/mpich/gnu/lib -lmpe

compile but does not create log file... Notice that MPE is installed in
the MPICH directory on my machine but it's supposed to work also with
MPICH2, right?

Best regards,

Marc