[mpich-discuss] Problem with running mpiexec on more than oneWindows XP machines

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 18 13:15:01 CST 2009

Hi,
 I would recommend the following,

# Use the "-machinefile" option of mpiexec (mpiexec -n 2 -machinefile
mf.txt cpi.exe) to run your MPI program across multiple machines. See the
windows developer's guide for more information (available at
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/index.php?s=
docs).
# Register the username/password using "mpiexec -register" command instead
of using the textfile to store them. After you register your
username/password, mpiexec will automatically use it to launch your MPI
job.
# Use ipaddresses instead of host names.
# Make sure that you turn off any firewalls (windows, third-party) running
on the machines.
# Make sure that you can run a simple non-MPI program on the remote host.
        On machine1, mpiexec -n 1 -host machine2_ipaddress hostname
        On machine2, mpiexec -n 1 -host machine1_ipaddress hostname

 Let us know the results.

Regards,
Jayesh

  _____