[mpich-discuss] mpich2 under Ubuntu?

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 17 14:36:12 CDT 2009

Great. We also have another channel called nemesis which gives better
performance than the default. If you like, you can configure that using:

  $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mpich2 --enable-sharedlibs=gcc
--with-device=ch3:nemesis

In the mpich2-1.1 series (we are at 1.1b1 currently), there have been a
lot of improvements to nemesis; and it has been made the default channel
as well. So if you'd like to be more on the bleeding edge, you can try
that one too.

  -- Pavan