[mpich-discuss] using mpich2 with python and pypar

Tunc Bahcecioglu tunc.bahcecioglu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 09:47:33 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to use python with mpi and I successfully installed
the pypar module and it works fine when I start python
from explorer (of course for 1 process!).

But when I try to spawn processes with wmpiexec or mpiexec
like "mpiexec -n 2 python.exe" I get a blank screen and nothing happens.
>From the task manager I can see two python.exe running.
I use 32 bit vista and the latest versions of python and mpich2

I can use mpich2 and python successfully other than this circumstance.

I'll appreciate any ideas on this problem or any other ways to use
python with mpi on windows.
Thanks.

Tunç Bahçecioğlu.