[mpich-discuss] Cannot build mpich2-1.0.8p1 (nemesis) with PGI 8.0-4 on Linux x86_64

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 1 15:16:09 CDT 2009

So I have some bad news, Gus.  I managed to locate an installation of
PGI-7.1-6 and got MPICH2-1.0.8p1 to compile and link using it with a
few tweaks.  Unfortunately the binary it generates always segfaults
deep down in MPI_Finalize because of some issue related to the inline
assembly register constraints.  It is possible that this issue could
be worked-around in our code or maybe it is resolved by the 8.X
version, but I don't have immediate access to it.  And even if we were
to solve that issue, I bet there is another one lurking behind it.

I'm afraid that I just have to say that 1.0.8* does not work with
ch3:nemesis and PGI.  We'll make sure to test it and try to get it
working for the upcoming 1.1.0 release instead.  As an alternative,
ch3:sock can be used in 1.0.8.

Sorry,
-Dave