[mpich-discuss] Running the processes just in the nodes

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 22 11:02:41 CDT 2008

Run mpiexec with the "-1" option.

Rajeev

  _____

From: owner-mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov
[mailto:owner-mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov] On Behalf Of Ariovaldo de Souza
Junior
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 7:37 AM
To: mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov
Subject: [mpich-discuss] Running the processes just in the nodes

I would like to know if is that possible to run the processes just in the
nodes, leting the master node free for other tasks. For example, I have a
small cluster with 9 core 2 quad, I would like to run the calculations just
in 8 computers. I have tried editing the mpd.hosts commenting the line that
points the name of the master node but it was useless, it started anyway.
Does anyone have a ligh to sheed over this issue?

Thanks from now,

Ariovaldo de Souza Junior
Federal University of Amazonas