[mpich-discuss] unable to get mpich2 1.0.7 working

Kamaraju Kusumanchi kamaraju at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:08:53 CDT 2008

[My reply below]

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Anthony Chan <chan at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> Did you launch mpd before doing "make testing" ?
> Something simpler before doing "make testing":
> "mpd &" and then do "make installcheck" which will
> check if mpi compiler wrappers are working.
>
> A.Chan

I tried the simpler method you suggested.

$mpd &
[1] 20775

$make installcheck 2>&1 | tee installcheck.log

I attached the installcheck.log as an attachment.

Rajeev suggested that my mpd might have died down accidentally. I was
also not sure whether I did "mpd&" before running the make testing.
The installation guide does mention to run "mpd&" before running "make
testing". Do you want me to try that as well?

thanks
raju