[mpich-discuss] need to compile unix code as windows exe

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 27 09:02:10 CDT 2008

Hi,
 There are two ways you can compile your MPI program using MPICH2 on
windows,

1. Install MPICH2 on windows
# Use MS Visual Studio compiler to compile your MPI source to generate an
exe (Use mpi.lib while linking).
# Use gcc from cygwin to compile your MPI source (Use libmpi.a while
linking).

2. Configure/make/install MPICH2 on Cygwin

# Use the mpicc script after installing MPICH2 to compile your MPI
program.

 Let us know if you need further information.

Regards,
Jayesh

  _____