[mpich-discuss] jumpshot hangs

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at kitware.com
Mon Oct 13 09:47:15 CDT 2008

Hi all, I am having some troubles running jumpshot, it gets so far and
then hangs. I am not proficient in java so I have no good information
about why this happens. Maybe it has to do with my java configuration? I
have kde ubuntu and have java installed from the package repos. Looks
like there are a variety of java related packages installed.

Can any one offer advise on how to work through these issues?

here is what happens:

tycho:~$jumpshot
GUI_LIBDIR is set. GUI_LIBDIR = /opt/mpich2-1.0.7/lib
Java is version 1.5.0.
Starting the SLOG-2 Display Program .....
Jumpshot-4 setup file : /home/burlen/.jumpshot4.conf
Creating Jumpshot-4 setup file ...

I see two windows, one warns that jumpshot is about to create a file and
has an OK button the other is the main window. Nothing can be done to these.

--
Burlen Loring
Kitware, Inc.