Re: [mpich-discuss] mpich2-1.0.7 file mpif.h and fortran compiler g95

cornelis.broeders at web.de cornelis.broeders at web.de
Sat Oct 11 05:33:47 CDT 2008

problem is reproducable with following procedures:

1) create file savetest.F with 4 lines:

     save
#include "sav.h"
      stop
      end

2) create file sav.h with 2 lines:

      integer*4 j
      save j

3) run g95 result:

g95 -o savetest savetest.F
In file sav.h:2

    Included at savetest.F:2

      save j

          1
Error: SAVE statement at (1) follows blanket SAVE statement

4) for completeness gfortran:

gfortran -o savetest savetest.F
sav.h:2.10:
    Included at savetest.F:3:

      save j
         1
Warning: SAVE statement at (1) follows blanket SAVE statement
sav.h:1.17:
    Included at savetest.F:3:

      integer*4 j
                1
Warning: Duplicate SAVE attribute specified at (1)

I hope this information helps.

C.H.M. Broeders     http://www.cornelis-broeders.de