[mpich-discuss] FW: Mpich2 test suite and related errors

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 8 10:22:37 CDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
Subject: Mpich2 test suite and related errors
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:48:02 -0400
From: "ThirumalaiswamySekhar, Arvind (A)" <asekhar at dow.com>
To: <mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov>

Hello

I tried my first installation of mpi on a linux cluster and have been more
or less successful with the examples. I am trying to establish the complete
tests using the test suite. I have my source files installed in a location
and the actual bin directory and command files located in a separate
directory(used a prefix during configure). I have the bin directory shared
across the nodes but not the source directory. I migrated the test directory
to the shared location and tried "make testing". I get an error with the
rdwrord and the following tests.

It shows a timeout =3D180 and "unexpected error"

Is this because of the migration of the test directory? Is there any way I
could make testing on the bin directory without having to migrate the test
directory?

Sincerely
Arvind