[mpich-discuss] forrtl errors

Christopher Tanner christopher.tanner at gatech.edu
Tue Oct 7 15:43:02 CDT 2008

Gus / All -

I've NFS mounted the /home directory on all nodes. To ensure that the
permissions are correct and the NFS export mechanism is correct, I
ssh'ed to each node and made sure I could read and write files to the /
home/<user> directory. Is this sufficient to ensure that mpiexec can
read and read to the home directory?

I'm launching the process from the /home/<user> directory, where the
data files to be read/wrote are. The executable is in the NFS exported
directory /usr/local/bin.

Regarding the code itself making I/O errors, this is what I assumed
initially. Since it occurred on two different applications, I'm
assuming it's the MPI and not the application, but I could be wrong.

Does anything here stand out as bad?

I emailed out the output from my configure command -- hopefully this
may shed some light on the issue.

Chris Tanner
Space Systems Design Lab
Georgia Institute of Technology