[mpich-discuss] forrtl errors

Christopher Tanner christopher.tanner at gatech.edu
Tue Oct 7 13:17:34 CDT 2008

Hi All -

I am receiving the same errors in multiple applications when I try to
run them over MPICH2. They all read:

forrtl: Input/output error
forrtl: No such file or directory
forrtl: severe ...

This doesn't happen when I try to run any tests (i.e. mpiexec ...
hostname), only whenever I run the applications. Additionally, it
happens with pre-compiled (i.e. commercial applications) applications
as well as applications compiled on the machine (i.e. open-source
applications). At first I thought it was something to do with the
application, now I'm starting to think I've done something wrong with
MPICH2. Below is the configure command I used:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mpi/mpich2 --enable-f77 --enable-f90 --
enable-cxx --enable-sharedlibs=gcc --enable-fast=defopt CC=icc CFLAGS=-
m64 CXX=icpc CXXFLAGS=-m64 F77=ifort FFLAGS=-m64 F90=ifort F90FLAGS=-m64

Anyone have any clues? Thanks!

Chris Tanner
Space Systems Design Lab
Georgia Institute of Technology