[mpich-discuss] Race condition when accessing ~/.smpd during startup

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 25 10:25:39 CST 2008

 Hi,
  The "SMPD_OPTION_NO_DYNAMIC_HOSTS" option should be available in the
latest stable release of MPICH2, 1.0.8.
  Can you retry by deleting all entries in your existing smpd config file
(".smpd") and replacing it with a single line

	phrase=MYPASSPHRASEFORSMPD

  In the above setup SMPD should not be modifying the file. In our nightly
tests we create the smpd config file in the shared (shared among multiple
machines) home directory of the user & set the
"SMPD_OPTION_NO_DYNAMIC_HOSTS".
  The smpd config file, .smpd, should be present in your $HOME directory
(Do all the MPI processes/jobs share the same home directory ?).

(PS: Search for "no_dynamic_hosts" in the source)
Regards,
Jayesh