[mpich-discuss] Disk IO on multi-core MPI?

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed Nov 12 17:11:32 CST 2008

Hi Thomas and list

You may want to try a search for appropriate keywords on
the Beowulf and ROCKS Clusters list archives:

http://www.beowulf.org/archive/index.html
http://marc.info/?l=npaci-rocks-discussion

Or ask the same question there.

I remember there was a recent discussion about this on ROCKS.
Someone in molecular dynamics with a similar problem:
need of fast/large/multiple local disk for MPI programs to use as
temporary storage.
See this thread:

http://marc.info/?l=npaci-rocks-discussion&m=122608341608987&w=2

I hope this helps.

Gus Correa

Gustavo J. Ponce Correa, PhD - Email: gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
P.O. Box 1000 [61 Route 9W] - Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA