[mpich-discuss] MPI_File_set_view Error: ADIOI_Count_contiguous_blocks

Ingo Bojak I.Bojak at science.ru.nl
Fri May 30 05:56:41 CDT 2008

Rob Ross wrote:
> Thanks Ingo; I think that will do the trick for you. Sorry you ran
> into this. -- Rob
Just to provide feedback: indeed it worked with the struct. I added in
each rank a MPI_LB with 0 offset at the beginning and MPI_UB with "total
length of window in bytes"  at the end to my series of  MPI_DOUBLE blocks.

One more question perhaps: The file is being only written to by all
ranks (no read), in sequential order (one window after the other, with
each rank writing to different parts of one window via the fileview) and
collectively (MPI_File_write_all). I know how much each process writes
every time (as is specified also by the fileview). I wonder if it is
then advantageous to provide hints with INFO? I'm particularly thinking
of "collective_buffering", but I do not quite understand what values the
different "cb" variables would have to be set to...

Best,
Ingo