[mpich-discuss] Error with MPI

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Mon May 5 06:38:34 CDT 2008

Hi,

my MPICH and MPICH2 used to be running fine. A few days ago, my hdd
crashed and MPICH2 is affected. My windows xp is not affected. I tried
to repair, uninstall and reinstall the installation. Now, when I compile
and run a code (e.g. PETSc code), I get the following error:

(MPICH2)

$ ./ex1f
[0] Error creating mpiexec process...2
[0] launchMpiexecProcess failed
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Other MPI error, error stack:
MPIR_Init_thread(294): Initialization failed
MPID_Init(82)........: channel initialization failed
MPID_Init(383).......: PMI_Get_id returned 1

When running the fpi example, I also get errors with more than 1
process. It shows for 4 processes: (MPICH and MPICH2)

 Process            0  of            1  is alive
Enter the number of intervals: (0 quits)
 Process            0  of            1  is alive
Enter the number of intervals: (0 quits)
 Process            0  of            1  is alive
Enter the number of intervals: (0 quits)
 Process            0  of            1  is alive
Enter the number of intervals: (0 quits)

I wonder why.

Also, in my mpi cfd code, all my codes are compiled with default real
kind = 8. However, in one fortran file, I compiled with real kind = 4.
This used to be working fine in serial. However when compiled with mpi,
I get the following error: (MPICH). If I remove part of the code in that
file and compile with real kind = 8, there is no such problem, although
my process is still limited to 1.

Error 10035, process 0:
   SendInitDataToRoot: recv ack failed
   Error 8, process 0:
   CreateThread failed in ControlLoopThread.
   A non-blocking socket operation could not be completed immediately.
Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Do you know why this is so?

Thank you very much.

Regards