[mpich-discuss] How do I use MPE with libmpich.so?

Ed Burnette Ed.Burnette at sas.com
Fri May 2 14:55:35 CDT 2008

I have a program which dynamically loads libmpich.so (version 1.0.7), then uses dlsym to get pointers to each MPI routine, then uses those function pointers to call the MPI routines. Now I want to inject MPE in order to diagnose performance problems by creating a log file so I can run jumpshot4. How do I do that?

The code (in C, for Linux x64) looks like this:

   moduleh = dlopen("libmpich.so", RTLD_LAZY | RTLD_GLOBAL);
   mpifuncs->my_MPI_Bcast = dlsym(moduleh, "MPI_Bcast");
#define MPI_Bcast mpifuncs->my_MPI_Bcast
   MPI_Bcast(arguments...);