[mpich-discuss] exit code -1073741819

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 25 10:43:15 CDT 2008

Hi,
 As I mentioned in one of my previous emails, "The 8th argument is to handle
the fortran CHARACTER arrays" (The 8th argument is not exposed to the user.
It is used internally by the lib.)
 If you would like to play around with the fortran binding interface (Which
we suggest that you do not since you can set the different options in the
compiler to achieve your need. And this change might prevent you from
upgrading to later releases.) I suggest that you take a look at
"src\binding\f77\mpi_fortimpl.h"

Regards,

Jayesh

  _____

I checked the f77 binding of mpi_send. Here is what I got

$ grep -i MPI_SEND sendf.c | grep -v define | grep -v pragma
extern FORT_DLL_SPEC void FORT_CALL MPI_SEND( void*, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint *,
MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint * );
extern FORT_DLL_SPEC void FORT_CALL mpi_send__( void*, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint
*, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint * );
extern FORT_DLL_SPEC void FORT_CALL mpi_send( void*, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint *,
MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint * );
extern FORT_DLL_SPEC void FORT_CALL mpi_send_( void*, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint
*, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint * );
extern FORT_DLL_SPEC void FORT_CALL pmpi_send_( void*, MPI_Fint *, MPI_Fint
[...]
#undef MPI_Send
FORT_DLL_SPEC void FORT_CALL mpi_send_ ( void*v1, MPI_Fint *v2, MPI_Fint
*v3, MPI_Fint *v4, MPI_Fint *v5, MPI_Fint *v6, MPI_Fint *ierr ){
    *ierr = MPI_Send( v1, *v2, (MPI_Datatype)(*v3), *v4, *v5,
(MPI_Comm)(*v6) );

I could not find the 8th argument from above. Did I look into a wrong source
file (src/binding/f77/sendf.c)?

I understand that changing the setup of string length argument for my
program could resolve this issue. The bad news is that I was told it can not
be changed due to other issues. So I am wondering how I can modify the
MPICH2 code (move the 8th arguments to the 2nd place)  to fit my needs.
Thanks.

Linfa