[mpich-discuss] stuck on MPI_Finalize and -mpilog

tsilva at coas.oregonstate.edu tsilva at coas.oregonstate.edu
Wed Mar 19 00:36:33 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I am working on a MPMD, and all the three programs were getting stuck
on reaching MPI_Finalize. I can get it to work with minimalistic code,
but when I build the complete components it gets stuck. Also, it seems
to me that mpi_sends an mpi_recvs are well matched in my code.
Not this is the gory part: when I compile the problematic program with
-mpilog ithe job completes with no problems. I discovered this by
chance and find it disquieting that (the lack of) a compiler option
will break the code. Any ideas of could be happening here? I don't
want the final code to use -mpilog

some details:
  AMD
  Lahey Fortran 64bit Pro
  mpich 1.2.7p1 (p4 device)

Why the mpich1? The cluster has mpich2 compiled with PGI. Because this
compiler has a bug that conflicts with some of my code I was forced to
use Lahey Fortran  for my project and found that I could create a
local mpich1 and use mpirun without interfering with mpich2's daemon.

Cheers,
Tiago