Fwd: Re: [mpich-discuss] Heterogeneous systems

Hisham Adel hosham2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 23:53:48 CDT 2008

Hisham Adel <hosham2004 at yahoo.com> wrote: Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:39:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Hisham Adel <hosham2004 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [mpich-discuss] Heterogeneous systems
To: Pavan Balaji <balaji at mcs.anl.gov>

 Thanks Pavan for your Fast reply.....

I wrote the command line in the terminal but it give me a message like this
"bash: ./configure: No such file or directory"
do u have any comments?
I'm a new user for MPI and Linux.I'm using SUSE Linux.

Thanks in advance

Pavan Balaji <balaji at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
Forgot to CC the Hisham.

On 03/11/2008 11:18 PM, Pavan Balaji wrote:

> Even 1.0.7rc1 does not support heterogeneity. However, if you don't mind
> a small performance difference, you can just compile the code on the AMD
> system with a 32-bit compiler. Though I've not fully tested it, my
> initial testing seems to reveal that things work fine with this. Here's
> the configure command line if you need:
>
>  $ CFLAGS=-m32 CXXFLAGS=-m32 FFLAGS=-m32  F90FLAGS=-m32 ./configure
>
>  -- Pavan
>
> On 03/11/2008 10:26 PM, Hisham Adel wrote:
>>
>> I'm working with MPICH2-1.0.6p1 and it don't support heterogeneous
>> systems,there is always fatal error.
>>
>> is MPICH2-1.0.7 support heterogeneous systems?
>>

>> I'm a new user and i'm working on a cluster  of  3  Laptops  one is
>> AMD 64-bit and the others are Intel 32-bit.
>>
>> I have asked before about a Fatal error which appeared to me and
>> /Rajeev Thakur  replied  to me and told me that MPICH2 don't support
>> heterogeneous systems.Thanks //Rajeev Thakur/

>> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Be a better friend, newshound, and  know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.