[mpich-discuss] Heterogeneous systems

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 11 23:18:04 CDT 2008

Even 1.0.7rc1 does not support heterogeneity. However, if you don't mind
a small performance difference, you can just compile the code on the AMD
system with a 32-bit compiler. Though I've not fully tested it, my
initial testing seems to reveal that things work fine with this. Here's
the configure command line if you need:

  $ CFLAGS=-m32 CXXFLAGS=-m32 FFLAGS=-m32 F90FLAGS=-m32 ./configure

  -- Pavan