[mpich-discuss] building 32 bit shmem on 64 bit linux system

Daniel Fetchinson fetchinson at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 26 10:23:28 CDT 2008

> It must be the mpirun then. Make sure you use the mpirun from the same
> build. Give the full path if necessary.
>
> Rajeev

Thanks, but there is only one installation of mpi on the machine and
that installation is the one I keep compiling. So even if it wanted to
execute the wrong mpicc/mpirun/etc it couldn't because there is only 1
copy at any given time.

Nevertheless I recompiled now mpi as well as my program and still I
get the same error:

0 - MPI_INIT : MPIRUN chose the wrong device ch_shmem; program needs
device ch_p4
/home/fetchinson/mpich32shmem/bin/mpirun.ch_shmem: line 91: 21976
Segmentation fault      /home/fetchinson/test "testinput"

Any ideas?
Daniel