[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 error mpdboot -- SOLVED

Francisco Pastor paco at ceam.es
Wed Jul 9 06:57:21 CDT 2008

Thanks Rajeev for your suggestion

Running mpdcheck I found a problem regarding host IP's. There was a line
in /etc/hosts causing the problem, this line came from the Ubuntu 8.04
installation.

I had to comment the following line in /etc/hosts

#127.0.1.1 boira

and then I could succesfully run the MPICH2 tests and examples, namely
cpi as stated in the documentation.

Thanks again, hope it will help someone someday

Rajeev Thakur escribió:
> Probably something not right with the networking configuration on the
> machines. To debug the problem, you can use the mpdcheck utility as
> described in the installation guide (all steps).
>
> Rajeev

Francisco Pastor
Meteorology department
Fundación CEAM