[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 error mpdboot

Francisco Pastor paco at ceam.es
Tue Jul 8 06:49:48 CDT 2008

Hi everyone

I'm trying to set up a linux cluster that will use mpich2. After
succesfully installing I go on through the check tests and get an error
with mpdboot:

/meteo at boira:~$ mpdboot -n 2 -f mpd.hosts
mpdboot_boira (handle_mpd_output 406): from mpd on boira2, invalid port
info:
no_port/

where boira and boira2 are two of the cluster nodes. MPICH2 is exported
on all the nodes, ssh is properly set up.

I've tried googling but after reading a lot of messages about this
problem couldn't find a solution.

Any idea? what am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Francisco Pastor
Meteorology department
Fundación CEAM
paco at ceam.es
http://www.ceam.es/ceamet - http://www.ceam.es
Parque Tecnologico, C/ Charles R. Darwin, 14
46980 PATERNA (Valencia), Spain
Tlf. 96 131 82 27 - Fax. 96 131 81 90