[MPICH] SMPD

Krishna Chaitanya kris.c1986 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 14:47:52 CST 2008

Hi,
      I am basically having one INTEL(32 bit) laptop and temporary access to
another AMD(64 bit) machine and  I am trying to trace and understand the
flow of MPICH2 code. I have worked on a couple of other implementations of
MPI, but I am a bit new to MPICH2. When I posted the question, I was trying
to get it to work on one node, by forcing it to use shared memory. I went
through the documentation again and I realised that I can select the device
  ch3:ssm, when I run the config script and this gives me more flexibility
as it uses socket between nodes and shared memory for intra-node
communication.Right now, I have coupled up both the machines.  However after
doing :

# ./configure --prefix=/home/kc/mpich-install/ --with-device=ch3:ssm CC=gcc
CFLAGS=-g
# make
# make install

    on both the nodes, I tried out
# mpiexec -n 2 /bin/hostname and it worked, but, on the AMP machine, it
flashed :
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libtsocks.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
preloaded: ignored.

And on trying another with another simple MPI code, I got the following
messages :
$ mpiexec -n 2 /home/kc/sample
32 bit INTEL node :
/home/kc/sample: error while loading shared libraries: libuuid.so.1: wrong
ELF class: ELFCLASS64
and
64 bit AMD node :
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libtsocks.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
preloaded: ignored.
/home/kc/sample: error while loading shared libraries: libuuid.so.1: wrong
ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libtsocks.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
preloaded: ignored.

   With respect to the ELF message, i guess the problem is due to the
compatibily issue which could be handled by using a CFLAG= -xarch=x86_64 on
the AMD machine. But, the configure script does not recognise this
CFLAG(correct me, if I am wrong) . Is there someway i can compile the MPICH
library with this flag?

Thanks,
Krishna Chaitanya K,
National Institute of Technology,Karnataka,Surathkal (NITK)
India

--
In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity