[MPICH] MPI Question !!

koppole at aim.com koppole at aim.com
Thu Jan 10 10:57:46 CST 2008

Dear MPI-users,

I am not sure whether I am asking this question at the right place.
Pardon me if I am in the wrong place ...

I want to break my MPI_COMM_WORLD into "x" number of groups where each
group runs on "y" processors. I want to let the user decide "x" and "y"
during run-time. Is there a way I can pass x and y from command line
and break the application using MPI_GROUP_INCL ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Sampath.

FYI: I am compiling my Fortran application using MPICH2 and gfortran.