[MPICH] MPICH2 1.0.6 inder Windows without DOMAIN

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 7 10:30:21 CST 2008

 Hi,
  The official documentation for MPICH2 on windows is available at
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/index.php?s=do
cs .
  Please try the suggestions provided below and let us know the results
(Substitute the CAPITALIZED words in the commands below with the appropriate
names/values),

1) Make sure that any firewalls on both the machines are turned off and that
the machines are reachable from one another (ping).
2) Check the status of the process managers on both machines from the
machine where you launch your job,
   2.1) smpd -status
   2.2) smpd -status REMOTEHOSTIPADDRESS
3) Register the usernames and passwords on both the machines (mpiexec
-register ...)
4) Validate the username/password on both the machines from the machine
where you launch your job,
   4.1) mpiexec -validate -user USERNAME
   4.2) mpiexec -validate -user USERNAME -host HOSTNAME

Regards,
Jayesh