[MPICH] Problem setting up MPICH between a 32 bit INTEL and a 32 bit AMD machine

Krishna Chaitanya kris.c1986 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 10:26:10 CST 2008

Hi,
        In one of the previous posts, you had replied back saying MPICH
cannot be put to use between a 32 bit INTEL machine and a 64 bit AMD
machine. Is it possible to do so between an INTEL and an AMD machine, both
of them being 32 bit processors?
        Anyway, on trying mpdcheck -f mpd.hosts on the 32 bit AMD, I am
getting the following error :
   ipaddr via uqn (208.67.216.130) does not match via fqn (208.69.32.130)
        And if I try the mpdcheck -s on the AMD node and mpdcheck -c on the
INTEL node, the client times out. The test message gets delivered with the
client and server swapped.

Thanks,
Krishna Chaitanya K

--
In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity